Interesting new approach again!
Character creation, upgrades, even the settings are handled live through the website and affect in-game instantly!
Unistellar Industries provides the website (not a fictitious entity or game entity)
Responsive and adaptive design possibly employing HTML5 and CSS3 techniques for a killer experience
- Gallery (screen shots, wallpapers, videos)
- Create Account (username, password, email address)
- Download Game
- Manage Account (change password, email address)
Create Character (sex?, character name, avatar?, faction)
Factions are presented as "recruitment posters"
- Multiple Characters, one active at a time?
- Factions are presented as "recruitment posters"
Purchase and manage vehicles
- Purchasing is based on "classes" like Scout (like infantry?), Fighter, Transport
- Upgrade vehicles, change weapon loadouts, etc
- Faction-themed areas that are private to the faction members allow for in-game text chat, forums
- Global forum, global chat... still requires registration but all users can access
- Submit screen shots, wallpapers, videos to the Gallery
Bugs and Enhancements!!
- I had this idea last night that players should be able to search the backlog or submit new tasks in a separate system (T-SQL).
- State changes "new", "under review", "accepted", "declined", "duplicate"
- Ticket has a link to Fogbugz and vice-versa
- Once in an "accepted" state the user can "sponsor" the issue monetarily or using experience points... that will help us sort the priority of the backlog!
- We should make it so anyone with an account can create advertising for small business!
- View advertising locations
Create and manage contracts for advertising locations (in-game and on web?)
- Pay for contracts
- Obtain reports (hourly, daily, monthly report of visitors, impressions, clicks/request for info?)
- Another idea I had was geographic targeting (Ian coined it "multi-dimensional") which means we could also do different ads during different times of day and even personalize ads based on player's name!